Beavers in our Landscape - a workshop on understanding and living with beavers
Whether you love them, hate them, want to understand them, think you need them, or just want to learn how to live with them, you will find this workshop useful.
Who should come? Join us to share your knowledge and experiences. Developed for Alberta landowners, municipalities, natural resource managers, and others!
Monday, March 18th, 2019
10 am - 2:30 pm (registration 9:30)
Shaw House, #2 46300 Twp Rd 611A,
Vezeau Beach, Moose Lake, AB
FREE (lunch included)
Register by March 12th with Erin Ritchie at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 587-201-4345
Discussion led by Cows & Fish. Topics include:
- Beaver basics - Ecology, natural history, beaver role in watersheds
- Beaver challenges - Issues, management, options and alternatives
- Beaver case studies - How others are dealing and living with beavers
- Beaver banter - Round table discussion on beaver messages, messaging, management issues, management options, information needs
- Beaver next steps - Awareness messages, tool development, beaver role in watersheds, reintroductions and future management
An integral part of the workshop will be a discussion about challenges, concerns and values.
Workshop presented by Cows & Fish, and LICA- Environmental Stewards
Space is limited - register today!